Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Euphoria

Read whatever, login to whatever- be it a newspaper, facebook, twitter or SMS today, you will find euphoria of the New Year. Every other person is wishing an individual, selected individuals, a group of people, or all the people in the world. I have even received official wishes from my credit card company, my life insurance company and the list goes on. I have received mails of wishes from those colleagues from far-off locations, whom I do not know. What am I supposed to do, if my mail ID is included in a long list of IDs in a mail wishing happy New Year? Should I feel happy? Should I reply at all or delete that mail?


At times, this behaviour feels childish. But, what would become of life if we delete such behaviour from the log? Would you remember 1st January as a special date, if there were no wishing of a New Year? Without them, it would just become another date. It is this euphoria, with which you associate 1st of January or a New Year in any calendar. Life is not made of just dates, calendar is a suitable place for them. Life is made of memories and memories are built by moments. These moments never recur. You have to live them NOW. If you don’t do it NOW, it will be lost FOREVER.


Paulo Coelho has rightly said: "There are too many serious people trying to get everybody else to be too darned serious." Don’t fall into a trap by such people. Spread happiness. Live in the moments. Cherish them and build memories. On that note, wish all the people in the world very happy 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment