Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Managing life the child way

I am home from office. It was one of the bad days at office. I always felt the regional offices were not cooperating and the boss was not ready to listen. Who has created this creature named boss? Anyway, I somehow managed him and then these clients, putting undue pressure on me. Arrrgghhh.... when this is going to end? So, here I am home, after a bad day. My child is playing there, with that bubbly energy. My wife gives me a welcome tea (ahh I love tea) to relieve the stress of the day. Just then my child hops on me to show her school fees receipt she received from her class teacher. That's it.... she spills my tea, spoiling my favourite shirt. Now I get really angry with her. I am angry even with my wife, I think she is supposed to teach her. My child is now about to cry, goes to her mother. After a few minutes, she is once again playing there with the same bubbly energy. On the other side, it takes about an hour for me to even speak something. And it takes more hours to behave in a normal way.


The next day I am home. For a change, today it was one of the good days at office. I am in mood to play with my child. Yes that selfish I am that my playing with my child depends on my mood swings! Suddenly, I accidently put my foot on something and we hear a cracking sound. It is a toy, a favourite toy of my child to be specific. Now she is crying like anything. I say sorry. Once again, after a few minutes, she is back to normalcy and starts playing with that same bubbly energy. Moreover, she even does not mind playing with me who has broken her favourite toy.


Have you ever noticed the behaviour of children when they are together. They fight on petty issues, but these fights do not last more than a few minutes, sometimes may stretch longer, but never last overnight. Even we all were the same way when we were kids.


It brings us to question why have we changed? Is this change desirable? We know the answer. Then why have we changed and why cannot we change back to the original? If my boss tells me something I do not like, I still can forget it after a few minutes. If somebody puts undue pressure on me, I can tackle it, and if it's not possible, I can at least forget about it after some time. It is the matter of choice, how we choose to react. It is fine if our initial reaction is not in the desired manner in some of the situations, but to mend the same is in our hands.


Life is a treasure, but nobody is a treasurer of this treasure. No one is distributing the treasure. It is upto you to get the benefits. Let us be children once again. Well, it's time for some play with my child. Have a good day.

2 comments:

anindita said...

A very nice post indeed. I often wonder myself, why can we adults not be as forgiving as the children are? Why do we have to get affected by everything so much, always and get stuck there? It is nice that you have put these thoughts into words and reinforced the need to be child at heart.

app development company india said...

Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

Post a Comment